BM9010 Roller Brake Tester
The BM9010 is a solid built in-ground brake tester for cars and vans. Approved In the United Kingdom by DVSA, the BM9010 is specially designed for workshop and vehicle inspection applications.
- Infra Red remote control
- Pedal force measurement
- 4 wheel drive testing
- Automatic weighing system
- Print out facility with graphical diagnosis
- Connection to local or remote PC with BM windows software
- Prepared for test line expansion including Suspension tester, Speedometer tester and side slip tester all controlled from same electronics with results shown on same display.
The BM9010 is equipped with same electronics and software as other BM brake tester models for light vehicles, including the BM7010 and BM4010 models.
As with all brake testers made by BM Autoteknik, the build quality and design are of the highest possible standard in the industry. All the steel is hot-dip galvanised and the wear surface of rollers is based on mesh steel to ensure the lifetime is extended as long as possible, keeping accurate measurements.
As standard the BM9010 is supplied with hot galvanised sub-frames, which are concreted into the ground before the actual brake tester is installed. The sub-frames make the planning and implementation of installations much easier and do also ensure correct alignment of the brake tester during concreting.
The BM9010 can be supplied with a PDA solution, which allows operator to control and monitor the test results live directly on a PDA unit.
Advantage and benefit
- The split bed concept has the advantage over a one-rollerbed concept that it can be installed over an inspection pit.
- Cover plates around the rollers are all angled on the BM9010 B model, so the tyre is protected from damage should it the cover plates. All gaps are minimised in order to maximise the protection of the operator.
- The rollers are raised over floor level, which ensures, that vehicle is tested with all 4 wheels in floor level. The raised rollers also reduce the risk of damaging skirts and spoilers while entering and exiting the roller bed.
- The BM9010 is as standard supplied with a display having two large analogue readings of brake force left and right and 50 mm high bright digital readout of brake force imbalance. The BM9010 A is as standard supplied with 5 kW gearmotors and therefore it has a double range brake force scale:
- Low scale 0 – 750 daN/kgf
- High scale 0 – 1500 daN/kgf
When configured with suspension tester and side slip, then these gauges and the digital imbalance window is used to display the test result from this equipment.
Optionally the BM9010 can be supplied with a special windows based BM display, which additional has 50 mm high bright digital readout of ovality, pedal force, weight, efficiency, suspension values, speed and distance values.
The display can be mounted either on the wall saving floor space or on floor column devices.
The BM9010 can be supplied in a minimum configuration and still allows for later upgrade to all options. This means that in case customer later wants to upgrade to a higher specification due to new legislation or other, then customer will not experience, that he has to purchase another brake tester.
As standard the BM9010 software allows for advanced graphical printout enabling the customer to perform both pre inspection brake tests and diagnosing before repair brake tests. This advanced printout of test results can be done without having to connect a PC to the brake tester.
The BM9010 can be configured to run BM Windows Software programs installed on a PC. This PC can replace the analogue display or it can be an “add-on” installed in the workshop office. The Windows program allows for advanced storing and presentation of test results using SQL database technology.
The BM9010 A model is used in workshops testing light vehicles as well as vans and city trucks up to axle load of 5000 kg. The rollers have same length as a normal heavy vehicle brake tester, 1000 mm and the gearmotor is 5.0 kW in order to ensure sufficient power when testing vans and light city trucks.